At Traffic Advertising, we’re always looking for talented people to join our team. Check out the jobs listed below and if you’ve got what it takes, apply!
Senior Account Executive
The Senior Account Executive serves as the primary liaison between the agency and the client, and thus is responsible for all client initiatives to build and maintain overall client satisfaction. Senior Account Executives manage internal groups such as media, digital, creative, and co-op, and build client relationships that result in an increase in profitability through the development and execution of effective marketing and advertising strategies. The Senior Account Executive must be able to plan, organize, and activate his or her strategies by assigned client and by assigned client market. They are responsible to create, develop, and deliver appropriate sales presentations with the ultimate and constant goal of growing traffic for the client.
Primary job duties include:
- Master all agency processes within the account services career track, including the job responsibilities of the Marketing Coordinator and Account Executive
- Build and maintain strong knowledge base regarding client market, including all demographic, media, sales, and traffic data
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Responsible for complete strategy development in regard to account planning and budgets, including creative execution, media placement, and client presentation delivery
- Responsible for total presentation of creative, media, promotion and merchandising elements to the client, including development of presentation modules for client use as needed
- Develop new promotional ideas to sell to the client and to build agency value in the client’s mind
- Understand, respond to, and integrate client input
- Identify when market research, competitive analysis, and consumer insights are required and execute
- Display ongoing commitment and passion to client business through communication, responsiveness, and knowledge
- Build strong relationships with the integrated team (e.g., media, co-op digital, social media, creative, etc.)
- Attend all relevant meetings (internal, external, and via phone or Web conference) and lead internal communication and collaboration across departments
- Review and respond to all client performance results as required by the agency’s policy
- Develop and mentor marketing coordinators and account executives (i.e. assistant positions to the Senior Account Executive position)
- Ensure that monthly billings are accurate, client questions are resolved, and that invoices have been accurately reconciled
- Develop new account leads
- Release ads as necessary with appropriate legal disclosures that correspond with overall client direction and client’s final approval
- Work with the media department on presentations that can accomplish client traffic (and sales) goals
- Work with the media department to identify and deliver special opportunity programs to the client the build agency value
- Work with the media department to complete quarterly and annual media buys
- Ensure that client media dollars are maximized through cost efficient buying and the overall media mix
- Present client media budgets accurately and on time for effective implementation
- Ensure that the media department maintains strong working relationships with market media reps
- Communicate necessary estimates of information to the media department for accurate budgeting (e.g., production charges for radio, TV, and value-added products)
The Account Executive is a fully integrated member of the account services team, working on a continuously involved basis with the client, media, cooperative advertising, and creative production departments. Primary job duties include:
- Create and manage daily sales and ups tracking sheets.
- Create and manage Production Sheets, Offers and Disclaimers Sheets, and Mailer Tracking Sheets.
- Create and manage weekly Ad Alerts.
- Create and manage monthly media calendars.
- Create and submit phone call tracking reports.
- Create, manage, and submit any of the following jobs: e-blasts, print ads, direct mail pieces, digital assets such as display banners and Web site rotators, etc.
- Create and present monthly competitive analyses including insights and recommendations for improving client competitive edge.
- Proof ads before submission (i.e. grammar, spelling, manufacturer compliance, legal concerns, etc.).
- Submit ads directly or to the co-op department for manufacturer compliance pre-approval submission.
- Confirm receipt of all released jobs. Traffic instruction confirmation is separate.
- Send traffic.
- Release ads with appropriate legal disclosures that correspond with overall client direction and have client’s final approval.
- Close jobs.
- Create and submit monthly media tickets.
- Complete month-end reports including recommendations and insights for increasing traffic moving forward.
- Manage and maintain client monthly budgets (major media changes excluded).
- Conduct monthly market research to increase client community event involvement.
- Communicate with clients as necessary to complete everyday asset changes for release.
- Assist in strategy development for account planning, including creative execution and client presentation delivery.
- Manage support departments and the group to ensure timely and accurate delivery of creative and planning.
- Work with the media department on presentations that can accomplish client traffic (and sales) goals.
- Work with the media department on identifying and delivering special opportunity programs.
- Manage the execution of new creative programs for clients based on market and competitive analyses.
- Set and track all appropriate media and creative development timetables.
- Review and communicate client sales results with Senior Account Executive for current and future ad adjustments.
- Communicate creative, media, promotion, and merchandising elements to the client as needed.
- Possess a full working knowledge of the client’s market (e.g., market share, competitors, etc.) and translate this into strategic advertising and promotional ideas.
- Understand, respond to, and integrate client input.
- Attend all relevant meetings (internal, external, and via phone conference) to proactively disseminate information to all necessary parties to keep business moving forward.
- Display ongoing commitment and passion to client business through communication, responsiveness, and knowledge.
The Marketing Coordinator is an integral member of the account services team, working directly with his or her assigned Account Executive to execute all marketing and advertising plans for the client. Primary job duties include:
• Creation and management of daily client sales and ups tracking sheets
• Creation and management of Production Sheets (by Account Executive)
• Creation and management of Offers and Disclaimers Sheets
• Creation and management of Mailer Tracking Sheets
• Creation and management of weekly Ad Alerts
• Creation and management of media calendars
• Maintenance of client monthly budgets (major media changes excluded)
• Creation and submission of client phone call tracking reports to AE and/or client
• Creation, management, and submission to AE and/or client of any of the following jobs as assigned: e-
blasts, print ads, direct mail pieces, digital assets such as display banners and Web site rotators, etc.
• Creation, submission (to AE), and presentation of competitive analyses
• Proof all assigned ads before submission to AE and/or client (i.e. grammar, spelling, manufacturer compliance, legal concerns, etc.)
• Submit assigned ads directly or to the co-op department for manufacturer compliance pre-approval submission
• Confirm receipt of all released jobs
• Assist AE in completing the numbers section of month•end reports
• Conduct continual market research (as assigned) regarding client related community events
• Creation and submission of monthly media tickets
• Send traffic for various jobs (i.e. print ads, radio and TV spots, etc.)
• Release jobs
• Close jobs
• Communicate with assigned clients as directed and as necessary to complete everyday asset changes for release
Traditional and Digital Media Buyer and Planner
This position is critical within the Traffic Advertising media department. This person is an avid media fan and dedicates his or her time to all things media, especially planning client media strategies and negotiating and placing media buys that include both traditional and digital components. Primary job duties include:
• Evaluate assigned client media needs to strategically plan and recommend buys of all media types, including but not limited to: TV, radio, newspaper, magazine, outdoor, digital extensions of traditional media such as home page takeovers, display and retargeting campaigns, and Pandora. This includes recommending media type(s), programming, daypart(s), flight(s), rotation(s), spot length(s), etc.
• Negotiate rates with media partners to obtain most competitive prices.
• Continually monitor, optimize, and evaluate buying strategies by client, making adjustments as necessary or as directed by the Media Director.
• Build strong and valuable relationships with media partners to increase client benefits and grow client opportunities.
• Put together monthly and as-needed media presentations for client proposals and account services team reference materials.
• Attend and sometimes lead strategic brainstorm sessions regarding media buying initiatives and opportunities with account services team.
• Coordinate and present the launch of assigned media campaigns with the account services team.
• Ensure that all buys remain within the client’s budget.
• Keep abreast of current media and market knowledge and share with the agency team. This includes a general knowledge of popular cable, network, and radio programming and shifts, general national and market demographics by media type, current media monitoring assessment methods, etc.
• Handle media posts.
• Reconcile all media buying for billing process.